Thursday, July 25, 2013

Update| Sisters.


It's hard to believe this little cutie is 13 weeks old. You will either catch her snoozing away or all smiles & I mean smiles with a capital S. Shes such a happy baby. She's so polar opposite from her sister, since day one! We thought she was a big time sleeper early on because of her early arrival, but that didn't hold true entirely; she still sleeps a ton still. I'm not gonna lie, I love it & I love her personality. After dealing with her big sister, Elliana is easy breezy. Can all my future kids be this good?  Avery was & still is high maintenance. She puked daily, screamed for hours, took months to sleep through the night, never smiled & is still GO GO GO. She's our spitfire, but a damn beauty queen at that. We love our Avery, but she is work. I'm thankful for such a calm baby this second go around. I think someone was looking down on us when they handed us this gift from God. 


So far I am taking things much slower this time. I am not eager to get Elliana out of her room, I am not excited to start solids & I even get anxiety thinking about boxing her itty bitty baby clothes up. Everyone says you parent so differently the second time around & I understand why. After experiencing first hand how quickly 2 years can fly by, I'm just not ready for this little girl to grow up too fast. I was so excited to see Avery develop & each stage was so exciting. It's not that I rushed her to grow up, but I wasn't savoring the little baby she was at all like I am this time. 

Elliana has really started to make developmental strides in the last week. She was defiantly falling behind on the strength of her neck; I mean who wouldn't be, she has neck rolls for days & her head is super heavy. We can thank her daddy for that big noggin. I've been working on tummy time like its my job for 2 weeks straight & the Bumboo is helping her strengthen up those muscles too. Like I said, Elliana is still in our room sleeping in the Newborn lounger. It just seems totally out of the question to put her in her crib yet, breastfeeding is so convenient when they are right by your side. Most nights she is sleeping through the night, but she still has nights she wakes up, so there's my reason. Not that I needed one! She also isn't in love with sleeping flat on her back yet, maybe once she can figure out rolling over she won't mind & the crib is something we can think about.Feeding is also going great. We still are not on a schedule, but I can see one starting to develop. Yet, I know not to get excited. Babies change oh so quickly at this stage. So I'll take it one day at a time &  really enjoy our bond. 

This girl my friends is a full blown Two year old. She's all girly & tough tough tough! Her personality is so up & down. One second she's so much fun, talking up a storm & loving life. The next shes down on the floor hating life. I know it's hard to be Two, so I give her the benefit of the doubt most times. She is working on developing her vocabulary, which I know causes a lot of the problems. She has always been a big drinker for comfort (that really sounds awful, doesn't it?!). She whines for milk/juice often & is currently going through a phase where she doesn't want to eat, anything, ever... So we have put our foot down, which is creating lots of tears. No drink, except water, until you eat your food & all of it. This is tough for her, but we really need to get her nutrition under control now. It's hard for us too to deal with such an unhappy kid,  but I know this should be a quick learning process if we hold our grounds. 

Avery is really making strides in some areas & others she has no interest in. She will now repeat numbers & letters if we make her say them, but she has no desire in really learning them yet. She has been completely potty trained since 20 months (She is currently 26 months old) & had no regression once her big sister came into the picture. This was a huge success on our part; its awesome only having one in diapers. Avery also naps like an all-star. I have not had nap time issues in months (knock on wood). She really needs her naps & I think she knows it too. A huge change is that Avery now lets her daddy put her to bed. Don't ask me what clicked in her little head, but she really loves her dad & I really love the break. We are alternating bed time routines nightly, its awesome!

Avery really loves her baby sister & not a day goes by that she is jealous of her or upset that she's getting more of momma's attention. She is rough with her & we have to watch her closely, but what toddler would you trust by a baby?! These two kiddos are beyond beautiful & are growing like weeds. It's exciting & scary to be a parent of two girls. There is so much stigma & evil in our society & as a parent all we can do is teach our children good morals & self confidence. I mean after all "women rule the world!"

Much Love & Happy Thursday Friends,

No comments:

Post a Comment